Monday, April 18, 2011

Two of our Terrific Guests

I have the great pleasure to know Kohel Haver, attorney, and Jeff Hart, CPA, who have both agreed to attend this year's BeTween Unconference.

Kohel Haver is a partner at Swider Medeiros Haver, LLP and specializes in copyright, intellectual property, and other aspects of the law that relate to the arts. He has a very generous spirit and is a powerful ally to the creative community. He uses his powers for good!

Jeff Hart is a partner at Hodges and Hart and has been my accountant for about 10 years. He has also proved himself very generous as well as very patient with creative types.

Both these men are a wealth of useful, even vital information! Some possible topics of discussion for these two pundits could include:
  • Copyright: How do I protect my creations?
  • Copyright: What can I legally appropriate?
  • Should I incorporate my business? How?
  • How best to prepare for tax time as an Arts Professional
  • Dangers of using "social media" as a creative professional
  • Understanding professional contracts, what is Work for Hire?
  • Subcontracting or hiring employees
  • Working internationally

Please suggest more!

No comments:

Post a Comment